Monday, October 17, 2011

Pulled Pork Loin

OK, so my cousin asked for more recipes and I was going to post a few last week but I was out with a cold/flu thing... we even missed dance class because of it! So here I am today trying to fill the order for easy, delicious dinners. I just winged it with this newest one. I bought a HUGE pork loin a Sam's club and cut it into four chunks. When that day came where we had been eating chicken in some fashion all week and needed to change things up, I thawed a loin only to discover Matt wasn't in the mood for pork chops, so I got creative :).

1 lb. Pork loin trimmed of excess fat
2 tbs veggie or olive oil
salt
pepper
paprika
garlic salt
cayenne
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chicken  broth
1 cup juice (apple or grape work best)
1to 2 cups BBQ sauce

Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Rub loin with seasonings. Brown in skillet on each side for about 3 minutes, you want to lightly crisp the outside to lock in flavor. Remove from heat and place in crock-pot. Top with brown sugar, broth and juice. You can cook it at high heat for 3-4 hours or on medium heat all day while you are at work (6-8 hours). Add BBQ sauce 30 minutes before serving. remove the loin from the pot and shred in a bowl or platter. Top with some of the juices. serve on a bun or baked potato.

Both time I have made this we have been out of juice so I used Diet Dr Pepper, don't you judge me ;). So yummy and makes more than enough food for our little family of four. Sorry, when its a Kelli original recipe you dont get very detailed meaurements on the spices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe. I will try it soon and let you know how I like it.

Rita