Monday, October 25, 2010

Look What I Found!!!

Okay, just so you know, I am a thrift store junkie. I can never leave empty handed and I think the ladies at the shop down the street have realized my love for fun quirky household items.

 This is my latest find, a beautifully old brass bowl. Isn't the bird so cute? It's not new and its not "antique" quality either but I just love things that have a story to them, a personality. I find that they give my new home a little more warmth and history. I originally picked it up thinking it would be great for a table display on my coffee table, but it found it's resting place on the desk in my office as my "inbox". It will be my inspiration for my mom cave project. I could paint the room a nice Robins egg blue or maybe Canary yellow, it will be a surprise. I will have to keep my eyes open at the zoo Friday :).


Maybe since it is so beautiful I will keep it cleared out a little better. Who says function can't also be beautiful? Now if only I can stay away from the store for a few weeks... Matt is sending me out in search of an entertainment center, this could be trouble!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you would have fit in nicely in like the 20's :) What about some of those pretty creams and pastels in that chair behind the dish in the top picture? I know you like blue but look what you already have and it will tell you a lot about what you like... I say try some creams and peachy colors.

Leah said...

Oh honey can I join your thrift store junkie club? I am the same way! This is so cute!!!

Luvs!