Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pouring Out My Heart

Last night I had a major breakdown, I had been carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and it finally all came crashing down. Many tears were shed as I turned to my best friend for a lot of venting and encouragement. After talking to her, still more emotions were released as I tried to explain what I had been going through to Matt (it was a little hard to do through text messaging). I went to bed still unsettled but knowing the kids would be up in a few short hours, I said a short prayer for peace long enough for me to sleep. Little did I know what the Lord had in store for me this morning.

Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go.

In my quiet time I was led to a passage in 1 Kings. Elijah is in the desert running from Jezebel who is out to kill him. He feels like he is the only one left who loves God. He is physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually drained, he cries out to God "I can't take it anymore, I give up!" It is at that moment when God feeds him, gives him rest, rescues him. My God saves, He is the knight in shining armor who sweeps us off our feet when we can not go on any longer. There may not be much that has changed between last night and this morning but one thing I know is true, I don't have to do it alone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! You have the Lord.. and me! :) You are a beautiful woman inside and out and I am so thankful to have you as my friend.