Saturday, December 8, 2012

Warm Bellies!

I love soup,it's a fact! One of my absolute favorite recipes is my moms Broccoli and Cheese soup. This one is so quick and easy, I am planning on using it before candle light service next Christmas Eve. I have modified my moms version slightly to meet my families taste but it is still oh-so-yummy!


Broccoli andCheese Soup

1-32oz box of chicken broth
2- bags of frozen california style veggies
1-package smoked turkey sausage
1-small block Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
1-can diced tomatoes (if you like more bite, use a can of Rotel)

In a large pot, bring chicken broth, veggies and sausage to a boil. Turn off heat. Stir in cheese and tomatoes until cheese is creamy. Enjoy!

*Important note: don't bring the cheese to a boil or else it will curdle.

I like to pop a few Sister Scheubert dinner rolls into the oven while the cheese is melting and dinner is done!

I am linking up to Ashley's Holiday Recipe Party at Domestic Fashionista.



2 comments:

Fonda said...

Looks delicious! I haven't made that in FOREVER. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! I tried to grab the button but I couldn't figure it out... blogger challenged here :)!