Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I've Got a Dream

This is somewhat of an update to my post from June. Last night as I was crawling in my bed a little card fell out of my Bible and it had the following verse on it. "Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up on meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25 You see I have been praying for that last several months about a few things in my life and one of those things has been where God may be leading me in the years to come to serve Him. As I studied the Proverb 31 woman, I found that many sources thought this to be many women rolled into one description OR one women throughout different seasons in her life. This is what got me thinking about my next season and how I can begin preparing for it. I have always felt like God gave me certain passions in life and that He will use them for Kingdom purposes. One passion that I have (and others have noticed in me) is hospitality. I love people, I love getting people together, I love planning parties. It is just something I get excited about. Whenever someone gets engaged or pregnant my mind always goes to the shower, being able to bless this person and share my excitement with them. I think about other ways I can volunteer my time and gifts, such as helping with charity functions or planning church retreats. But last night as I looked over this verse my mind went somewhere new, what if this could become a career down the road. What if I could do what I love, get paid for it and most importantly do it for God? What if I could work for a Christian organization like Family Life and help plan marriage conferences or get on with the local Christian music station and organize concerts? What if my work helped change lives? Now that would be a dream wouldn't it? I don't know what God has in store for me in the days, months and years to come; I just pray that whatever it is, it is used to glorify God and further the His Kingdom.

No comments: