Monday, January 26, 2009

A swift kick in the pants

Lately Brooke's tantrums have been getting bigger and more often, in a desperate attempt to fix this before it gets any worse I went on a christian parenting web site. It is hard for me to determine the right disciplinary action for her because she is only 15 months old. Am I expecting her to know more than she is capable of knowing at this age? I just wanted a little guidance on what is appropriate. Low and behold in the very first paragraph of the article they say to determine the reason for the fussing, maybe they are tired or hungry... or BORED. As much as I feel like a bad parent for admitting it, boredom is probably Brooke's number one reason for acting out. I have to make more of an effort to do things with her and keep her entertained. It is far too easy to turn on Noggin and put toys in front of her. My goal in the next 4 weeks before Maddux gets here is to find fun things we can do together and put them into practice. Hopefully this will help some with the whining (from both of us)!
In other news, we had our first sleep over on Saturday night. Davin spent the night to give Meagan and Derrick a night off. We got home from Ms Robins birthday party pretty late so the kiddos went right to sleep. We woke up bright and early to make pancakes. Then the little ones took a bath and played house until Derrick came to pick Davin up. I must admit, after that I totally crashed! I guess I got a small taste of what it will be like with 2 around here. I tried to get some good pics but I can never get both of them in the same frame, here they are playing with sunglasses.

They are both such hams in front of the camera!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can never get them in the same frame either! They move around too much. Glad to see that you found the help you were looking for. If I had a dollar for every parenting book I read trying to raise you guys...well, I would have a lot of dollars. Each of you were so different that I had to constantly be learning something new!

Ya'll have fun at the zoo today!

August said...

One of the things I used to do when Autumn was a toddler was a lot of educational activities, like flashcards, things like that. With my DD's personality it worked quite well and I was able to instill the love of reading at a very early age.

I have not doubt you are doing a wonderful job as a mommy, you have a great role model!

P.S.
I'm glad you liked your new header/banner. :)