Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mommy Report Card

The other day I was flipping through some of my favorite blogs and Kate, from Centsational Girl,l had a post about interviewing her two little ones. I thought this would be a fun way to not only find out what is going on in those little heads but also "grade" myself as a mom from my children's eyes. I found out that it doesn't work as well for a 3 and 4 year old as it does for a 6 and 8 year old, but for giggles I will share their answers with you. Some questions were altered because the kids didn't really understand them.

What are you (or have you been) afraid of?
   M: Spookies
   B: the dark
What is the happiest day of your life?
   M: Last week when mommy and daddy brought home ice cream from their date night to share.
   B: When she got to ride on the big slide at the Rodeo with Nonna
If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
   M: no more spookies
   B: no more scary dogs (we have had stray dogs in the neighborhood this week, so we haven't been able to ride bikes)
If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
   M: my hair would stop growing so I don't have to get hair cuts anymore
   B: I could have rainbow hair like my mermaid Barbie
What is one thing you could not live without?
   M: Blankie
   B: family
What is your favorite movie?
   M: The robot fighting movie (he watched this with his dad so I don't know what it's called
   B: Beauty and the Beast
What cartoon character do you wish you could be?
   M: Buzz Lightyear
   B: Princess Celestia (My Little Pony's)
What is your favorite thing about being 3 (or 4) years old?
   M: Get to drink out of a big boy cup
   B: Get a big girl bike
Describe your perfect day?
   M: Go to Nonna and Papaws house, watch Star Wars and eat cookies
   B:Go to Chick-fil-a, eat outside in a picnic and then go out to the woods for a tea party with a flash light
What job would you like to have when you grow up?
   M: Be a baseball player
   B: Be a chef
Who is your best friend and why?
   M: Daddy and Uncle Brian because they are boy and they are nice to me.
   B: Mamo because she takes me to my friend Avery's house every Sunday night for church.
What does mommy always say to you?
   M: "If you get out of bed you are going to get a spanking." (sad about that one!)
   B: "I love you more than the sun"
What makes mommy happy?
   M: Big much (???)
   B: When I help with the chores and play nice with my brother.
What makes mommy sad?
   M: When the police officer puts her in jail (side note: I have never been in jail)
   B: When I have a bad attitude
What makes mommy laugh?
   M: When I say "freckles and keekles"
   B: When I tell knock-knock jokes
How old is mommy?
   M: Big
   B: 26
How tall is mommy?
   M: Bigger than me
   B: As tall as a 26 year old
What is mommy's favorite thing to do?
   M: Move the closets (dressers)
   B: Hang out with me
What does mommy do when you aren't around?
   M: Break the closets (dressers)
   B: Hang out with daddy or sleep
What is mommy really good at?
   M: Moving the closets
   B: Exercising and cooking everything
What is mommy really bad at?
   M: Police officers put her in jail
   B: Having a bad face when I am not nice to my brother
What does mommy do for her job?
   M: Fight Spookies
   B: Playing with me
What is mommy's  favorite food?
   M: Pizza
   B: Apples, Bananas and Cereal
After this point Maddux got tired of answering questions... he actually answered more than I thought he would.
If mommy was a cartoon character who would she be?
   B: Ariel
How are you and mommy the same?
   B: We have the same eyes.
How are you and mommy different?
   B: I am little and she is big
How do you know mommy loves you?
   B: She gives me hugs and kisses all the time.
Where is mommy's favorite place to go?
   B: the nail salon

The conclusions that I came to after this "interview" with my kids are:
-my kids are silly
-daddy talks about putting people in jail too much
-even Brooke knows I need to go to the nail salon more often :)... I have been twice in the last year.

In other news, I have been praying and seeking God's word as we set some Family Guidelines. I realize now that this is something a couple should discuss before their first child is even born. I may be late but I am praying God will help us get on the right track.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that Maddux noticed that you like to move the closets. lol. 3 answers in a row were about the closets.

Tammy

Unknown said...

Haha... yes I have been playing musical dressers in our house trying to get ready for Elle to get here. We moved Madduxs dresser to the joint room, Brookes into my room and mine into Elliots room. I think we should be settled in now for a while.

Fonda said...

Some of those answers made me giggle. I am touched to be included in both their favorites...but, Maddux does realize that we don't have Star Wars at my house, right?

Love you, Baby!

Anonymous said...

These answers are just priceless. I noticed the closet answers too. I also noticed Brooke is very intuned to how you feel about her. More than one answer was mommy loves me very much. Maybe not in those very words but that is what she was saying. She also knows you are truly sad when she misbehaves.

Rita