Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm still here!

I know that I have been mum lately, I honestly couldn't believe how long it had been since my last post. It's horrible to admit it but I have not sat down to my blog because God had placed something on my heart and I was avoiding it, scared of it. Once I gave in I was worried that if I posted about it then I would take 10 giant steps backward (it always happens that way!)

So what was this big thing I was running from?

Being a better steward of the things God has blessed me with.

If you would have asked me if I thought I was a good steward three months ago, I would have told you it was one of my strengths. I am always willing to give money or items to those who are in need... but then I looked at stewardship closer.

Steward: one employed in a large household or estate to manage domestic concerns

Stewardship: the conducting, supervising, or managing of something; especially : the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care

I had gone my whole life not knowing what stewardship REALLY was, and more importantly not living it out. I grew up hearing parables from the Bible of good stewardship, but something got lost in translation to my brain and heart. I have spent the last month taking a good hard look at the gifts God has given me and how irresponsible I am with them.

God has given me amazing children, but how am shepherding them?

We live in a beautiful home, but how will am I caring for and using it?

I have been blessed to not have a bunch of obligations competing for my time, so why am I wasting so much of it?

I have been striving to be more purposeful with the things and relationships God has given me. I still have a lot to work on, but with God's guidance and Matt's support, I am taking steps towards progress.

No comments: