Friday, January 4, 2013

Black Bean and Corn Salad

I have been on a bit of a salad kick lately, but I am not a plain-old-lettuce-tomato-cucumber kind of girl. The other night I was having one of my cravings, so I raided my fridge and pantry to see what I could come up with. This was the end result.



Black Bean and Corn Salad

1 head of lettuce- roughly chopped
1 can black beans- rinsed
1 can sweet summer corn (i used the vaccum sealed kind)
2-3 chicken breast
Cherry tomatoes halved
mixed cheese
tortilla strips
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons paprika

Lightly season chicken breasts and brown in a skillet over medium heat (5 to 10 minutes depending on thickness). Remove chicken; add beans, corn, cumin and paprika and heat for 5 minutes. Layer salad together and top with desired dressing, I like ranch.

This is a very hearty salad which made enough for the 4 of us to have dinner, plus 2 lunch portions for Matt and I. It was quick, easy and filling, just the way I like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good Kelli.
You are a genius in the kitchen.

Rita