Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Open the eyes of my heart Lord!

Last night i sat down to do my quiet time and I didn't really have anything in particular to study so I said a little prayer asking God to speak to my heart about where He is at work in my life and what He has in store for me. I plopped my bible down and decided to read whatever passage it opened up to, Psalm 144 and 145. The theme of these two chapters is rejoicing in the Lord and praising Him in times of prosperity or adversity, but the big thing that hit me last night was a small paragraph my study bible has to explain what the verses are referring to.

144:3,4- Life is short. David reminds us that it is "like a breath" and that our "days are like a fleeting shadow"... Because life is short, we should live for God while we have the time. Don't waste your life by selecting an inferior purpose that has no lasting value. Live for God- He alone can make your life worthwhile, purposeful and meaningful. (Life Application Bible)

OK God, I asked for it and I guess you answered... now I am left trying to figure out what this all means in detail but I have to remember that God doesn't usually give us details, He simply says go.

No comments: